10.03.2009

sooc sunday and a thank you to shutter sisters


{click on image for larger view}

"sooc sunday" came early this week... even though it's saturday night, i couldn't wait to post my sooc sunday shot. i had written my post for tomorrow earlier {last night}, but when i found out that my shot was today's featured photo on the o.w.p. page at shutter sisters, i was too excited to wait until tomorrow to post it.

below is the original post i had prepared and saved last night as a draft for tomorrow.

~ ~ ~

the new word for october's "one word project" on shutter sisters is illuminate. i had taken this shot from my window--the window i look out of while sitting at my computer. it was taken one morning a couple weeks back, and the sky was amazing. so i reached for my camera to get it before the crazy-gorgeous light went away due to complete cloud cover.

i was surprised my camera captured it so well. the photo looked almost exactly as the sky did in person. and i was so happy with how it turned out, that there was no color/lighting correction or editing or procssing needed. other than adding the type and the white border, this shot is straight out of camera {s.o.o.c.}.

i loved how the clouds were illuminated by the sun, so i submitted it to the o.w.p flickr pool.

~ ~ ~

go here to see the rest of the photos that have been uploaded {so far} to the s.s. flickr pool for october's "one word project". there are some really neat photos of illumination by several talented photographers!

thank you, shutter sisters, for once again boosting my confidence by featuring my photo.

11 comments:

cmv said...

congrats on being picked for the featured photo! your photo is gorgeous and the attention is very well deserved!

Memories Of Mine said...

thanks for reminding me about shutter sisters. I have some good photos to go in for this month.

Caroline said...

This is such an amazing photo! Congrats!swactry

Caroline said...

opps...I see that my word verification snuck into my comment above...

Lisa said...

yay! that is awesome. congrats! and what a lovely photo. :)

Char said...

gorgeous and congratulations

leaca said...

congrats.

Sandy K. said...

Congratulations! How fun to be chosen. And what a wonderful reminder that I really want to participate more in Shutter Sisters - it's a wonderful creation. Your shot is very deserving, and I'm excited to finally get a chance to catch-up with my blogging friends. Work is definitely inhibiting some of the sweetest parts of my life.

Jane said...

You should be SO proud of yourself. It is an awesome photo!

ELK said...

no surprise gb you are so talented....this is simple beauty !

S. Etole said...

what a beautiful start to the day. And congratulations.