4.24.2011

how deep the father's love for us

how deep the Father's love for us
i will not boast in anything,
no gifts, no pow'r, no wisdom;
but i will boast in Jesus Christ,
His death and resurrection.

why should i gain from His reward?
i cannot give an answer.
but this i know with all my heart--
His wounds have paid my ransom.

{verse three of how deep the father's love for us}

i had a blessed time with my husband and brother and brother's fiance visiting my mom's church {and my mom} this morning. we sang this hymn during the song and worship time, and though i know i have heard it before {even sung it before}, i don't recall singing it on easter... at least not lately. i loved the words.

then it was off to my older sister's house for easter dinner where we would share it with all mentioned above as well as my sister's husband, three kids and father-in-law and my twin sister. it turned out to be so lovely out, we all sat out on the deck after dinner... with NO coats!!! what a gift. i can't tell you how long it's been since we've been able to do that around here. the sun was even out!

anyway, it was such a lovely day. i hope you all had a blessed day, too. 

i'm off to the doctor tomorrow to find out if i will have to have a c-section or not. i'm praying not. but if it is to be, than i am praying that i will get through it with flying colors... without a hitch. it's a bit overwhelming to think of having one... no matter how many people reassure me that it is common or that they had one and it was not so bad, etc., i still have a tough time getting used to the idea. but i guess i won't get ahead of myself. i'll wait to hear the final word before i get too worked up. and even then, i know that i have to go into it as calmly as possible for the best possible results.

i'll keep you all posted. thanks to those who have asked and have continually checked in on me. have a wonderful week!

9 comments:

Hi Kooky said...

So glad to hear you had a sunny, blessed Easter. I'll say a prayer for your appointment. :)

sharonheldman said...

what a beautiful day! what a lovely family!

Sueann said...

What a wonderful Sunday you had...so did I. It was perfect!!
And yes, our ransom has been paid in full!! PTL!!
Good luck on your doctor's visit.
Hugs
SueAnn

stacey said...

Happy Easter, friend. Praying for you!!

Andrea said...

Hope you had a wonderful Easter! I love this photo.
Good luck with your doctor's appointment. I will keep you in my prayers.

georgia b. said...

thank you, friends. i have great news to share... will share soon.

Jenny said...

Blessings to you, dear Georgia. Fear not, the Lord is with you. xo Jenny

Eveline said...

i love your pictures

georgia b. said...

thank you, eveline. i love your name!