4.26.2010

a few more steps under a few more trees along a bit more track

tracks and blossoms {3}

just a few more from saturday's rainy-day wanderings. i took a walk along these tracks... tracks i drive past almost every day on my way to work.

every year, when these particular trees start to bloom, i take notice and am so taken with the way they look juxtaposed against the tracks and the occasional train car that might happen to be there. the cars are old and worn. the tracks are far from organic or pretty. but there is something about the way they all look together that calls out to me every time.

rarely do i stop to photograph them. once or twice i snapped a drive-by shot... like this one:

tracks and blossoms {4}

but saturday, i made myself stop there. specifically. intentionally. it was the perfect gray day for such a walk. the blossoms are actually more of a purple color in person, but i felt in the mood for some processing that would turn them more magenta, as it turned the sky more yellow.

tracks and blossoms {2}
tracks and blossoms {5}
tracks and blossoms {1}

somehow i think you could take one of these trees and place it just about anywhere... a palace or a train yard... or anywhere in between... and it would beautify them all. would you agree?

9 comments:

Sueann said...

I definitely agree! The trees are gorgeous. And I like seeing them next to the tracks. Beautiful!
Hugs
SueAnn

S. Etole said...

so beautiful, Georgia ... the one tree looks as though it were getting ready to empty its petals into the car ...

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Wow, those turned out amazing! I love the contradiction of the pretty, soft flowers and "ugly" hard track!

spread your wings said...

the beautiful trees are an interesting contrast to the train tracks. glad you stopped and photographed them to share with us.

Michel said...

I love trees and tracks. love your interpretation here! Rainy and wonderful, soft and dreamy.

GailO said...

...I think the important thing you mention here for me is "to stop"...too often I drive by and think to myself what a beautiful photo that would be...I need to stop more often like you do:) beautiful photos Georgia...

Anonymous said...

I especially like the last 3...sort of a romantic on-the-open-road feel to them and the cars look really nice against the blooms, as you said.

Kara said...

That fog rocks!!

Cruz said...

nice combo...