10.05.2012

you are my child


DSC_0853-bw


DSC_0854-bw


DSC_0856-bw


DSC_0860-bw


DSC_0864-bw

i found this most precious and whimsical poem by maryann k. cusimano... perhaps the sweetest poem i've ever read... and i couldn't help but set it to these recent photos taken by my husband at the beach.

normally on this here blog, i like to post photos that have taken {and, thus, am not in}. but after reading this article that my friend tammi shared on her facebook page, mom whispers, i realized the importance of posting photos of myself as the mom that i am these days... even if i have not yet shed that twenty or so pounds that i had hoped to by now. i'm by no means a bikini babe on the beach. but that is not what my son cares about or expects. 

it's my quiet, my calm, my wings, my arms, dry towels, dinner, my voice in book or a song, his favorite giraffe at bedtime, my touch, a kiss, and a home that he's looking for in me.

and that he has.

21 comments:

Beverly said...

love the words and photos. I need to write that poem down. xo

georgia b. said...

isn't it so perfect, bev? i can see you putting it to some lovely lovely images.

stacey said...

LOVE.

These photos are amazing, G. You need to print these out with the poem on them and frame them as a series.. Totally brought tears to my eyes.

spread your wings said...

great poem and so perfectly fits together with your images.

georgia b. said...

thanks, guys.

stacey, i love that idea. i think i will do that!!! thank you!

S. Etole said...

This is just delightful.

georgia b. said...

thank you, susan. =)

beth said...

these photos and words are precious.....this should be made into a little book and put away for when he turns 18 :)
xo

georgia b. said...

another great idea, beth! i just might do that, too. thanks. =)

Tracey said...

Love the photos with the words--so perfect in every way! And I love your new clean look of your blog! The banner leaves are beautiful!

georgia b. said...

thank you, tracey. =)

thanks for noticing the new header! the blog change is a work in progress. but it's getting there.

Nicki said...

What a wonderful poem and brilliantly matched with fabulous pictures.

Heather M. said...

i remember the first time i read that poem. i cried and cried. and every time after i've cried reading it too. this time, with those beautiful photos, i cried again. so precious, georgia.

georgia b. said...

thank you, heather. =)
it is a tear-jerker, isn't it?

GailO said...

What a delightful poem! Delightful photos too:)

georgia b. said...

thank you, sweet gail.

Nikki said...

Amazing images and words Georgia. I am going to try to get into more photos from now on.

georgia b. said...

glad to hear it, nikki. you have to love cyberspace for the inspiration and encouragement that keeps flowing from person to person for this very reason. i'm so glad my post could inspire you to do that.

renae said...

Well my goodness. Guess what? You commented on my blog back when I started and I finally have replied. (since May '12) I love your blog style and your photographs. Nikki(above)just joined me last week. I didn't recognize any of the fellow commenters here. Will you please follow me. I'd love it!!!! ok? Where do I join you? Just via email? Is that the only option? That's fine, but just wondering. Thank you in advance! :D

georgia b. said...

thank you, ranae! nice to hear from you. i actually don't recall visiting your blog all those months ago. but i don't recall a lot these days... mommy brain, i think, is what they call it. =)

so glad you stopped by.

georgia b. said...

oh, p.s...
i took the followers widget off my blog, so now you won't be able to follow me that way. but you are able to subscribe or follow via e-mail if you would like.