6.12.2009

bye bye birdies

dear blog banner photo,

i've decided to let another banner take the reigns for a while. don't take it personally. i have nothing against you. you are one of my favorite photos. you are a drive-by shot, and you know how much i love those! plus, you captured the birds, and you know how much i love those, too. but you were what i needed for spring. now summer is close at hand, and i would like to feature something a little more... well, summery.

i may bring you back in the spring of '10. i remember when i thought i would never change your predecessor. i did not tire of that photo either. i just wanted a change. and that's all this is, too. i still love you and hold you as one of my favorite shots yet. you will not be forgotten––i promise.

very sincerely,
"it's just how i see things"

15 comments:

Barefoot from Heaven said...

Hi, thanks for following my blog. I've just found (not enough) some spare time to check yours out. And the start of it is already grabbing me...What a great pics.
I'll be back after my busy weekend.
So talk soon. Happy times Dagmar

margie said...

just the other day i thought your banner was a little grey for this time of year. new one looks great.

Hi Kooky said...

beautiful!

Alicia said...

love the letter to your banner!! :) made me smile! and the new banner picture is beautiful and very summery!

Grey Street Girl said...

Love the new banner! It's so very happy!

Hi Kooky said...

I loved the birds, but this is SO pretty and delicate. Perfect for summer.

Hi Kooky said...

Um, obviously I need some coffee because I didn't realize I was commenting twice. (Between my son's sleepover last night, and building a retaining wall today, I guess I'm a little distracted!)

Claudia@DipityRoad said...

I actually sighed when i saw the new header... how Summer-ish.

Amazing how attached we get to our creations isnt it?

Per usual... very classy.

TTFN~~Claudia

Char said...

gorgeous new work - love the peonies. it's so much fun to change dresses now and again

Kristin said...

The new look is gorgeous and wow do I wish I could hit up your garage sale!!

Sandy K. said...

Sometimes it's just time for a change. I love the new look, particularly for the season. But the birds served a wonderful service and will not be forgotten -hence, your Ode to a Banner:).

Toni said...

You're so cute. Love the new banner image. =)

apriliniowa said...

Loving the new banner. The birds always reminded me of a cold, autumn morning. Very pretty, too. But the flowers (I need to plant peonies!!!) are perfect for summer.

Dani said...

I love your new banner! Very happy! Very summer!

Chris said...

LOL I know how you feel. I've been eyeing my reverie banner and thinking of changing it up, but I'd hate to take Dollie down...